The students of Gujranwala Guru Nanak Khalsa College actively participate in the social service activities leading to their overall development. The college effectively runs National Service Scheme (NSS). Under this scheme the college undertakes various extension activities, which makes the NSS volunteers understand the community in which they work and to understand themselves in relation to their community.
Every year around 100 NSS volunteers are enrolled under the NSS Unit. The NSS volunteers work to identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving. Every year NSS unit actively participates in “Joy of Giving Week” and distributes the clothes and eatables to needy people in the nearby areas. NSS volunteers also collect the winter clothes and distribute the winter clothes in slum areas. Thus they develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To understand the community in which they work
- To understand themselves in relation to their community
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- To practice national integration and social harmony