Parvasi Sahit Adhyayan Kender
A Brief Introduction about Parvasi Sahit Adhyayan Kender
Parvasi Sahit Adhyan Kendar, Gujranwala Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Ludhiana, was established in 2011 by Dr. S. P. Singh former Vice Chancellor, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and present President Gujranwala Khalsa Educational Council. At that time Punjab Education Minister Jathedar S. Sewa Singh Sekhwaan laid the foundation stone of Parvasi Sahit Adhyayan Kendra and released a grant of Rs 2,00,000 lakh for the literary works of the centre. Parvasi Sahitya Adhyayan Kendra has so far organised many international, national level conferences, seminars, etc.
Parvasipustak Lok Arpan event, Parvasi Authors Rukhbakhroo, and Parvasi Book Discussions are also frequently organised by the Centre. The Center has published 33 issues of the quarterly magazine ‘Parvas’ and its aim is to make the readers aware of the parvasi Punjabi literature and new emerging parvasi Punjabi writers. So far, the works of about 300 immigrant writers have been published in Parvas magazine. 14 critical books, 8 in Punjabi, 2 in Hindi, 4 in English, based on immigrant Punjabi literature have been published by the center and one book has been translated as well. The supporting organisations we have are, Punjab Bhavan Surrey, Canada, Sahitya Sur Sangam Sabha, Italy and Punjabi Sahitya Kala Kendra, U. K.
MOU signed with Punjab Bhawan, Surry
A memorandum of understanding (MOU) was signed between the study centre and Punjab Bhawan, Surry, on September 07, 2017, to promote Punjabi language, literature, culture and Parvasi Punjabi Literature in particular. The objectives and motive of these two institutions are:
- To organise seminars, discussions, and interactive sessions between intellectual research scholars, thinkers and literary figures and readers.
- To study and analyse the research work related to Parvasi Punjabi Literature along with focus on the new challenges encountered by Punjabi language and literature in present scenario.
- To nourish and popularise Parvasi Punjabi Literature on the lands of India and Canada.
The college had organised a two-day international conference on January 16-17, 2018, as per the above mentioned conditions, in which more than fifty Parvasi Punjabi writers participated and around hundred research papers were presented. In this conference, S. Navjot Singh Sidhu, S. Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa, Shri Bharat Bhushan Ashu (Cabinet Minister, Govt of Punjab), Padmashree Dr. Dalip Kaur Tiwana and many other renowned literary and political figures invested their precious time and valuable words.
About the Coordinator of the Study Centre
|Name:||Dr.Tajinder Kaur Beri|
|Area of Specialisation||Parvasi Punjabi Literature|
1. Parvasi Punjabi Sahit: Vibhin Pasar
2. Darshan Gill Kaav: Mool Sarokar
|Research Papers presented in National and International Seminars||10|
Literary activities, organised by Parvasi Sahit Adhyayan Kender
- Book release of Harkirat Kaur Chehal’s (Canada) novel ‘Tere Baajon’on March 08, 2017
- National Seminar on Parvasi Punjabi Literature: changing perspectives held on April 09, 2017
- An interactive session with Shri Sukhi Bath, founder Punjab Bhawan, Surry, Canada, on May 30, 2017
- Signing of MOU with Punjab Bhawan, Surry on September 07, 2017
- Two books released of Gurmeet Singh Sandhu (England) titled ‘Maleyaan de Ber’ and ‘Zeenat’ on November 24, 2017
- Two day International Conference on Parvasi Punjabi Literature, on January 16-17, 2018
- Pritam Singh Basi memory award event, on February 17, 2018
Future plans of the Study Centre
- To establish a Digital Library
- Construct a new building
- To organise Seminars/Conferences
- To organise interactive sessions with Parvasi Punjabi writers
- To establish an Art Gallery of Parvasi Punjabi writers
Parvasi Sahit Adhyayan Kender has been and will be committed to promote, support and nourish Parvasi Punjabi Literature with the help, support and motivation of S. Gursharan Singh Narula, President, Gujranwala Khalsa Educational Council, Dr. S.P. Singh, Honorary General Secretary (former Vice Chancellor, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar) Principal Dr. Arvinder Singh and last but not the least, the faculty members of Punjabi department.